Friday, January 3, 2014

Hardcore Paleo-Day 2

I meant to post every night, but I am getting through the 3-day burn. You know the 3-day burn, it's where all those muscles you haven't used scream at you for using them. Anywho, things are going well. Breakfast: egg in a nest (leftover). Lunch: Ham, pastrami, pepperoni, brussel sprouts, cucumbers. After workout: Lg. orange. Dinner: Meatballs w/bbq, broccoli, green beans. Workouts: 5 minute plank routine (completed about 2.5 minutes). Day 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Let's discuss. I am going a bit crazy on processed meats, and will adjust that. For me it's like a day without pork products is a day without sunshine. I have been doing well in keeping my veggies going. I made it through the day without snacking, which is a real accomplishment. The afternoons are my trouble time. Mainly boredom drives me into the kitchen, and to be honest, I did wander in and out a couple of times, but didn't snack, YEA for me!! I like to be alone for my exercise time. In the mornings, when I do my planks, it's quick and I do it when I get dressed. And, although I didn't make a good showing on Day 2, I am getting better, but have had to modify to being on my knees for a couple of moves until I get stronger. I do the Shred in the living room, with the kids (they gave out in the first circuit, and went to play in the dining room). I have managed to improve, even in just one day. Nothing beyond getting more Jumping Jacks in, but, hey, it's better than doing nothing, or even worse, giving up entirely! As I said earlier, I am suffering the 3 day burn. My thighs and shoulders are SCREAMING. I even flex my gluts to feel the butt burn. As much as it hurts, it's also sending a message that my muscles are alive and going to get stronger. Please note: This is normal, and doesn't stop me from everyday activities. I am hoping that Tuesday, when I weigh and measure, I will see some sort of results. I am going to attack Day 3 now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pookers, The Colonel, Peanut, at Turtle Bay

"Mommy says if we catch it, we'll have to eat it..."

The Puddin'-2nd Ammendment Fun

The Princess, just 2nd Ammendment fun

Followers