Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hardcore Paleo. Day 1.

Even though the day isn't quite over, it's been a smashing success! Here's my beginning stats (please be kind, this is embarrassing): weight: 224.4 Note: This is still reflecting 100 lbs. lighter than I was 2 years ago. fat %: 38.5 Note: My goal is to get to 33% or better. H2O %: 41.5 Note: As I increase muscle mass, this will go up, while the fat % goes down. Measurements (in inches): Neck: 13.5 Bust: 45 Calf: 15.5 Arm (upper): 12.5 Ribcage: 39 Ankle: 8.5 Wrist: 6.5 Waist: 45 Shoulders: 43 Hips: 49 Chest: 40 Thigh: 23.5 Total pear shape. I used to be an hour glass shape. My weight loss started at the top and culminated into my HUGE belly. My ankles and wrists are like sticks, everything else is fat and saggy. TMI? Probably. I will do weekly measurements, and see how things go. THE FOOD Breakfast: Eggs in a Nest (from: Eat Like a Dinosaur) and a berry mix. I didn't eat any berries, I don't need excess carbs. Snack: Paleo crunch. The Kids, not me. Lunch: Pastrami pieces, pepperoni pieces, spoonful of egg salad (with homemade mayo), kimchi, grape tomatoes, oranges. Dinner: Ham, brussel sprouts with bacon, green salad with honey mustard. The kids will be having mashed potatoes with butter. Exercise In the AM, I did about 2 and a half minutes of planks (in 30 second intervals). I was shooting for 5 minutes, but got weak sister. In the PM, I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Level 1. WOW!! I have done it before, but I forgot how hard I work! I like this DVD the best because you are in and out in 20 minutes, exhausted and feeling good!! My mushiness is showing, as I pooped out every now and then, but did do the whole workout. The last time I did Jillian, I didn't see any results for 11 days, but I was also 350 lbs., so I am hoping that I will show better sooner. I did manage to keep up with 30 seconds of Jumping Jacks, with minimal strain. I may have to switch out my 5 lbs. weight for something lighter (maybe 2 lbs.), but hopefully, the heavier weights will increase my arm definition faster (if a little is good, more is better....?). Already, I am feeling better, not too foggy, content and generally happy (I am the eternal pessimist, but that is lifting). This is only Day One. I am keeping my portions reasonable, and not snacking, and keeping my carb count down. I am not starving, in fact, I am holding well. I have been eating off salad plates, and filling it full, but better than a dinner plate. The afternoons are the worst for me, mainly because that is my snack time (read boredom), but after my workout, I not only felt tired, but also fulfilled. I even abstained from smoking (a usual practice for me to workout, then run and have a cigarette, things that make you go "duh"), for more than an hour, and didn't even think too hard about it until my Colonel and the Littles came home (The Colonel is my smoking buddy). I am looking forward to tomorrow. Oh, and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pookers, The Colonel, Peanut, at Turtle Bay

"Mommy says if we catch it, we'll have to eat it..."

The Puddin'-2nd Ammendment Fun

The Princess, just 2nd Ammendment fun

Followers