Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Whole 30 on the horizon

I am less than a month away from finishing up my hCG diet program.  I still have 27 lbs to go, and probably will not make it to my goal weight, but, anything below 200 is great!

After hCG, I plan to do a Leptin Reset (LRx:  www.jackkruse.com).  Working in concert with hCG's P3, this means that I will have a high protein breakfast (up to 50g) within 30 minutes of waking up.  No big deal for me, I love's me a good EARLY breakfast!  No snacking, and no food 4-5 hours before going to bed, which means that I either have to stay up later, or eat earlier.  No exercise, or no exercise until after 5 pm. 

This will last 6 weeks.

After that, I will be starting the Whole 30 as described in It Starts With Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig.  I am inviting the family (adults, the kids don't have much of a choice) to join me.  It will be a battle right off the top, but I have promised to let them make their decision and not harass them about their food choices.

They need to make informed choices, not just arbitrarily decide that I am a crack pot or some sort of Paleo cultist.  My In-laws have some serious medical issues that would be well to address with their diet (MIL has diabetes and FIL has major stomach issues, possibly IBS amongst other problems).

I hope they choose to join me.  Either way, I make all dinners, so they will be eating Paleo/Primal anyway, unless they cook for themselves (which they won't).

The Colonel will be the greatest challenge.  He is fairly healthy.  No health issues.  He is a sugar/carb junkie.  Along with all the other adults in the house, we will all eat dinner, then an hour or two later, all the adults will wander into the kitchen and eat "second" dinner.  They all snack late at night.  It's actually frightening how much I have to clean up in the morning.  Chips, pizzas, sandwiches, popcorn, dinner left overs, ice cream, cookies, cakes.  It's like living in a drive-in movie snack bar!

Once I get back to Paleo, those "foods" will have to go underground.  My main concern is my children.  The adults are on their own.  But, all that snack food has to go away. 

I have worked far too hard to let "peer pressure" influence me now.  Once I am stronger and healthier, I can start the battle from a place of strength, using example rather than "knowledge", which is great, but all they see is a fat woman going "blah blah blah".

Not much longer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pookers, The Colonel, Peanut, at Turtle Bay

"Mommy says if we catch it, we'll have to eat it..."

The Puddin'-2nd Ammendment Fun

The Princess, just 2nd Ammendment fun

Followers