Monday, January 7, 2013

Life is what happens when you make plans...

So, I went into 2013 with all good intentions to get my butt into a Crossfit box and today would have been the day...then life happened!

My mentally ill MIL returned home, and that's not going well.  My wonderful hubby's boss said that he needs to move to Sacramento to open a branch office, NOW.

The move means a nicer home, a absentee husband, and all the joys that moving 100 miles brings.  Since I have to plan, pack, and get the house moved, I don't have the time or resources for Crossfit.  I am hoping to find a new box in Sac., and since it's a lot bigger than Oroville, I feel that once I start looking I will find something close.

Please forgive me for not posting, or posting sporadically for the immediate future.  I have been a bit loosey goosey with the Whole 30, and will tighten up the reins on that.

Paleo Friendly Restaurants:

While looking at houses in Sacramento, we stopped for lunch at Five Guys Burger and Fries, on Natomas Blvd.  They serve both hamburgers and hot dogs, and both can be ordered Paleo Friendly (with a lettuce wrap).  I ordered a bacon burger with "all the way" toppings- mayo, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, mustard.  It was moist and juicy, and a good size (2 3.5 oz patties).
You can also add:  relish, onions, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, A1 Steak Sauce, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce.
All of this can also be added on a hot dog.
They also serve a couple of veggie sandwiches, a grilled cheese, and even a BLT.
The family had the french fries, and they were pronounced OK. 
The bad:  I don't eat legumes, and don't encourage the family to either, but lg. boxes of peanuts are available for the customers to scoop up and eat while waiting.  The french fries are also cooked in "pure, no cholesterol, tasty peanut oil!"  Which sounds impressive and healthy (it's not), but it is a hamburger place after all.
You order at the counter, and seat yourself.  They were busy, but we found a table quickly and it was clean.  The whole restaurant overall was very clean and has an open kitchen that was clean too! 
Their prices are reasonable ($5.49 for a regular burger to $6.89 for a bacon cheese burger), compared to other sit down restaurants, they are good eats for a good price. 
We don't have any peanut allergies, but if you are sensitive, don't even walk in the door, there are peanut particles flying around everywhere.
Although the menu seems limited, I have found that a limited menu increases quality of the food in most cases.
I give Five Guys 5 Caveman Grunts for being on top of the "low carb" revolution, and making a good burger.
5 Caveman Grunts for cleanliness and ambiance.
I give Five Guys 2 Caveman Clubbings for all the peanuts.

We found a couple of great houses (and one that we couldn't run away from fast enough), so we'll see what happens, especially dealing with my MIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pookers, The Colonel, Peanut, at Turtle Bay

"Mommy says if we catch it, we'll have to eat it..."

The Puddin'-2nd Ammendment Fun

The Princess, just 2nd Ammendment fun

Followers