Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another year older...

I made it to 46! Yea!! I am 15 days into my 100 burpees in 100 days personal challenge. Yep, life is good. 2 years ago I didn't think that I was going to make it another year, now I am happy and healthy. I am still working on getting to my "ideal" weight, but the 20 to 50 lbs that I need to lose don't scare me none. I have found some great advice on making mayonnaise using a stick blender. Find your favorite mayo recipe (I have been using Melissa Joulwan's from her Well Fed cookbook). Use the container that you want to store your mayo in. Put in your eggs first (room temp please), add your lemon juice/vinegar (room temp also), your spices, and top with your oil (I use the light olive oil Great Value brand from Walmart, don't use extra virgin, it doesn't taste good, unless you are seriously into olive oil). Just let that mess o'goodness sit for a few minutes in layers, so everything will be the same room temperature together. Put your stick blender in over the egg(s). Just hold it down, don't move it, now let 'er rip. Just let the blender sit in one spot for 10 to 15 seconds, you will see the egg and oil start the emulsification process, now start the up and down motion that these are famous for. In about one minute you will have thick creamy mayo, with no preservatives, mystery chemicals or that nasty GMO soy oil crap. My thanks to the poster at Mark's Daily Apple for the tips (sorry, I couldn't find the post to connect a link or give due credit).

No comments:

Post a Comment


Pookers, The Colonel, Peanut, at Turtle Bay

"Mommy says if we catch it, we'll have to eat it..."

The Puddin'-2nd Ammendment Fun

The Princess, just 2nd Ammendment fun

Followers